The Avaya Enhanced Security IP Phone J179 addresses the need for everyday voice communications. It is an 8-line phone ideally suited for medium/high volume power users such as professionals, knowledge workers, salespeople, call center who consider the phone to be one of many useful communication tools and who rely on the full range of telephony, productivity, collaboration features like directory and speed dial and so on.
Government agencies and contractors often need to discuss classified information in full confidence that telephones will not be overheard or intercepted. Although required to support today's communications-oriented work environment, the presence of telephones in the office can present a security risk, as they can be used for audio surveillance even when they are on-hook due to:
• Modification or reconfiguration of existing components
• Installation of a clandestine technical surveillance device
• Application of externally generated electrical voltages or control signals onto the telephone line
• Modification of the telephone equipment or control unit software
Provides enhanced on-hook telephone audio security
Certified by the US Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) as TSG-6 approved to help defense, intelligence and civilian agencies protect sensitive information (Both Class A and Class B certification).
It is tested for compliance and approved by the US National Telecommunications Security Working Group.
• The TSG Certified IP phone J179 is a modified version that connects to your network like any other J179. The difference is the addition of Positive Disconnect On-Hook Security. The phone also allows the on-hook security features to be engaged while in a call providing “Hold” and “Mute” security.
• Special positive-disconnect circuitry and ultra-low-emissions technology ensure that no audio signals from the microphone are produced on any wires leaving the phone when it is on-hook.
• When Power over Ethernet is not available, the phone can be plugged into a local supply that provides filtered operating power via the phone's barrel connector.
• Speakerphone functionality is enabled on the device and is protected with the on-hook security of the positive disconnect electronics but can be administratively disabled via the Avaya Aura® Communication Manager.
• Slim profile
• Automatic and Manual security options available
• Microphone removed and speakerphone disabled options available
|TSG Certified Avaya VoIP Phone J179|
• Color display
• 2.8 inches x 2.1 inches (7.0 cm x 5.3 cm)
• Diagonal width: 3.5 inches (8.8 cm)
|Handset||• Wideband handset|
|Headset||• Headset port|
• Full duplex speakerphone
• Half-duplex speakerphone in Microphone Removed model
• No speakerphone in Speakerphone Disabled model
|LAN and PC Ports||• Dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports to support co-located PC|
• 8 Line Keys with dual LEDs (red, green) 4 Soft Keys
• Navigation Cluster
• Standard number pad
• Main Menu, Phone Menu, Contacts, Voicemail, Call Log, Headset, Speakerphone, Mute, and Volume
|Platform Support|| |
• Avaya Aura® Platform 6.3 FP4
• Avaya IP Office™ 11.0
• Avaya Approved Third Party Platforms: RingCentral, 3CX 15.5, Netsapiens 40, FreeSwitch 1.8.5, Asterisk 16, Broadsoft 22, Kandy, Microsoft, Kamalio, Metaswitch, Zang Office R1.0
|License Requirements|| |
• With Avaya Aura® , the Avaya IP Phone J179 requires a Core, Power or Foundation license
• With Avaya IP Office™, the Avaya IP Endpoint license is required
• SIP & H.323 protocol support
• Standards-based codec support: G.711, G.726, G.729A / B, G.722, Opus
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||• 8.75” x 7.25” x 2.5”|
• Class A phone is shipped with a PSU as part of the certification, the Class B phone is PoE
• Class A phone requires a PSU provided by CIS
|Weight||• 14.0 lbs|
• Standard 1 year parts and labor
• Optional 3 years parts and labor
|Availability in Countries|| |
• United States
• Canadian DoD and Federal Agencies
• Australian DoD and Federal Agencies
• UK DoD and Federal Agencies
• New Zealand DoD and Federal Agencies
• NATO countries DoD only. No Federal Agencies